Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions to Help You See It and Seize It, by John Maxwell
I am now in the empty nest, and so I found the book to be very apropos. I have been trying to figure out the next season of my life this past year. Here are some great quotes from the book. I limited it to ten, but I highlighted so much more. Enjoy!
- When the dream is right for the person and the person is right for the dream, the two cannot be separated from each other.
- Everyone experiences failure in pursuit of dreams. One of your goals is to keep hanging on…until you finally become successful.
- Do something every day that relates to your dream.
- The real difference between a dream and wishful thinking is what you do day to day.
- All dreams are outside our comfort zone. Leaving that zone is a price we must pay to achieve them.
- Dreams don’t come quickly or easily. And the rewards often don’t come until very late.
- The timing will never be perfect for you to pursue your dream, so you might as well start now. If you don’t, then next year you’ll be a year older and not a step closer to it.
- Lead your life instead of just accepting your life.
- If you want to achieve a dream…you have to be willing to pay a price…that’s why dream believers are in abundance and dream buyers are rare.
- When you’re 18, you worry about what everybody is thinking about you. When you’re 40, you don’t give a darn what anybody thinks of you. When you’re 60, you realize that nobody has been thinking about you at all!